Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Cavesson

In the evening after I think I've done enough homework, I watch Netflix and work on tack. Last night I made a cavesson for a snaffle bridle. I'm focusing on practicing my skills and trying to go slowly and learn from my mistakes.



I used Jennifer Buxton's raised noseband tutorial.


My unpainted Knightly Cadence resin is a joy to make tack for. I don't have to worry about damaging the surface and tack just looks great on him.


I need to find some smaller wire for the 1/16" tongue buckles, as well as some mechanical pencils to use as pencil punches. I had a great one, but it got lost! I really dislike making keepers, by the way. Good thing they can be made in batches!


I went home last weekend and brought some of my collection back with me. I tried to choose models that could compete in some kind of performance, so I can make tack for them. 


My first western saddle still looks like this, but I'll get back to it eventually. It's hard to find the motivation to do the more challenging things when you've been doing schoolwork all day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment