Friday, January 16, 2015

1978 Making a Saddle Booklet

I have been doing a lot of internet research lately on saddle construction. Today I came across a downloadable PDF of a booklet called Making a Saddle on Herefordshire & Ludlow College's website. While the style of saddle might be slightly outdated, the photos and explanations are clear enough to give some real insights into the construction of an english saddle. I thought others might be able to benefit from this as well, so here is the link:

Making a Saddle

Give it a read and let me know if this is as useful as I think it might be!


2 comments:

  1. This is great - thank you so much for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I can't wait to read it over again and make sketches so it can really sink in how to put one together.

      Delete