Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tacky Glue, Pencil Punches, and Tweezers

I went to Walmart the other day. It was crazy busy and the checkout clerk commented that I must be doing something really important to be buying glue and pencils on a busy Sunday afternoon. Truthfully, my mission wasn't that urgent--I just didn't realize there would be so many people!


I ended up buying some more glue and a couple of .05mm Zebra mechanical pencils. The glue I had previously was the "super-thick" tacky glue and it started drying up before the bottle was empty. Here's hoping this glue is better! I'm going to try out these pencils tonight to see if they punch decent holes. 


I bought these tweezers at SAIL a couple of weeks ago while my boyfriend was shopping for ice fishing lures. One side of the tip has a grippy coating, and they hold themselves closed. The fly fishing section at SAIL has some neat filaments, feathers, and foil laces that could be used for tackmaking. I had a conversation with a very confused employee who wanted to know what it was I was doing if I wasn't interested in tying fly fishing lures! In fact, I had several people approach me to ask if I needed help--I must have looked out of place in a store full of bearded men. After that I stuck by my bearded boyfriend and helped him find sparkly lures to avoid any further encounters with strangers! Nevertheless, now I know where to find any kind of glittery or feathery elements I could ever want for tackmaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment