Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Call for Submissions to Model Horse Book

Hi blog readers :) I am currently working on a project for my graphic design program, which is to compile and design a three-volume encyclopedia on the topic of my choice. I am putting out a call for submissions for a book that will be an overview of the model horse hobby as written by its members. While for this project form is more important than content, I would really love to do justice to our wonderful hobby. The final books will simply be marked by my professors and not published, but if all of the people who own the content agree, it would be possible to make it available as a free PDF for beginning hobbyists to access. I have already contacted and received permission from a handful of hobbyists to use their writing and photos, both for the assignment and for later publication as a PDF.

This is where you come in. If you have a blog or website which has photos or text that you think could be helpful to those wanting to know more about the hobby, I'd love to be able to use your content in the encyclopedia. You may give permission for me to use your content for just personal use or for both personal use and to be published as a free PDF. However, if you do not give permission for the PDF I might not be able to use your content in the end, as all of the hobbyists who have responded so far have given that permission and I think it would be a great resource for the hobby.

If you do not have any of your own content but know of some that might be useful, you can post a link to the page in the comments and I'll email the owner for permission.

My timeline for assembling the information is fairly tight as the semester moves quickly and I have many other projects, but I will try to include as many submissions as possible. Our hobby truly is a community and I think it would be amazing to have a resource with content created by the community itself.

I will give all sources due credit, posting both a name and a website for each. Additionally, I am toying with the idea of creating a directory near the end of the book, so if you'd like to be included in that then you can let me know by commenting below.

If you have any questions, please feel free to comment or email regrvale@live.ca. Thank you in advance for your attention and submissions!

No comments:

Post a Comment