Monday, February 28, 2011

Success!

I've been delving into braiding recently (my inspiration is Susan Bensema Young: http://pages.prodigy.net/sbytsii/tsii/). I've figured out how to do a Spanish Ring knot and a Pineapple knot from her book, The Guide to Making Model Horse Tack. However, I knew that if I really wanted to make braided tack, I'd have to learn how to interweave knots. Today, with the help of this site: http://khww.net/articles.php?article_id=34, I finally did!

Interweave 1

This is made from dental floss and embroidery floss. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some of the thread SBY recommended soon, though.

For scale (you can see that it's not quite small enough for a model horse):

Interweave 2

I'm not sure what went wrong with this side:

Interweave 3

Still, I'm so excited! This is a huge breakthrough for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that looks great, Becca! I can't wait to see some finished tack with it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! I'm working on a braided bridle right now (no interweave on this one though!) so I should have something to show for it soon :D

    ReplyDelete